straight forward pragmatic advice
The service provided is both personalised and professional, focusing on acoustic survey, noise impact assessment, sound testing, acoustic design and noise control in the built environment.
Competitively priced , acoustic survey and assessment, sound testing, design and specification work carried out by Institute of Acoustics qualified experienced personnel.
sound testing :
sound insulation testing in London and the Home Counties
Sound testing undertaken in Middlesex, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire. Third party accredited for pre completion sound insulation testing for residential building regulations compliance. If you want sound testing carried out in London, the Home Counties or the southeast of England then look no further!
Survey and noise impact assessment work is also regularly undertaken on behalf of acoustic consultancies and other colleagues in the sector.
Tailored for small and medium sized projects, consultancy services include:
- Architectural acoustics design advice
- Noise control specifications for building services
- BS4142 noise impact assessment and report
- BS8233 noise ingress assessment and report
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Office fit-out
- Specifications to achieve suitable levels of privacy within office environments
- Clinic fit-out
- Specifications to achieve suitable privacy within the health sector/clinic environments
- Reverberation control, room acoustics
- Environmental noise survey
- Plant noise assessment and report
- Noise impact assessment for planning
- Establishment of background or baseline noise levels
- Obtaining relevant acoustic data as required to support planning applications
- Preparation of acoustic reports for local authority submission
- Liaison with local authority concerning planning applications
- Third party technical review on behalf of local authorities
- Plant noise emission assessments for building services
- Retrospective noise impact assessment for building services
- BS5228 construction noise assessment and report
- Approved Document E advice
- Sound Testing
- Pre completion sound insulation testing for building regulations
- Third party accredited residential sound insulation testing
- Building Regulations requirements design advice for residential new build or conversions
- BB93 design review and advice pertaining to the acoustic design of schools
- BREEAM assessment and advice
- Sound insulation design advice
- BS8233 and the World Health Organisation guidelines advice
Acoustic assessment can be required for various reasons, either to inform a design or comply with regulations. Typically, at the planning stage local authorities require evidence that a development will comply with their own, statutory or best practice targets and/or criteria. In this instance a noise impact assessment, usually in accordance with BS4142:2014, may be required. dBA Acoustics can undertake such assessments in a timely and efficient manner.
Many local authorities and particularly the London Borough's require a noise impact assessment carried out for new items of building services plant. Usually at the planning stage but also retrospectively if installed items of plant and/or noise emissions become known to the local authority. In this instance once again a noise impact assessment, usually in accordance with BS4142:2014 may be required. dBA Acoustics specialise in noise impact assessment in London and the southeast of England.
Through the design phase Clients including many Developers and Contractors, seek design advice from qualified acousticians in order to confirm the likely performance of some aspects, or indeed a whole development. From ad hoc advice to RIBA Stage design reviews, dBA Acoustics is able to input into just part of, or the whole process as necessary.
Additionally, when a development is commissioned prior to practical completion, acoustic testing may be required in order to demonstrate that the built conditions achieve those targets or criteria set out at the design stage. In this case acoustic testing will be required. This can be to the advantage of Contractors, Developers and Authorities as it not only shows that the development is compliant, but can also assist in identifying where shortfalls may exist and provide guidance for rectifying any shortcomings, should any become apparent. dBA Acoustics offers testing and troubleshooting services.